Monday, February 27, 2012

Mostly Little Boy

Heard about this great preschool activity called Starfall, and the kiddos love it.  The girls won't repeat words or sounds anymore for me (I've burnt them out with my emphasis on speech therapy) but they like to repeat all the alphabet sounds and words that the computer throws out there.  Little Boy never gave me the satisfaction of repeating anything anyway.  Apparently, he's not about to start for a computer.

What would you think if you looked into this sad, lost little face?  Would you feel that you'd disappointed him?  That he didn't feel loved?  Would you try harder?  Luckily for me, I see this look all the time from my teenagers when I disappoint them, they don't feel loved, and want me to try harder.  I've become somewhat immune to it.  Life's hard!  Deal with it!  You're smack dab in the middle of a family who's crazy about you.  It's not gonna get any better than this!

If I took that too seriously, would I be able to enjoy all these other moods?
Pensive...

Challenging...

Questioning...


Curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment