Tuesday, October 11, 2011

once a week

My daughter who lives far away accused me of rarely posting, since she likes to keep up on what's going on here on the home front via this blog, and I replied that I post every week.  She insisted that I don't, but I'm pretty sure I do.  Here's my post for this week, sweetie-- and for my other sweeties who don't live at home anymore!

Modeling their new coats

What a brother-sister spy duo they would have made!

She was supposed to be modeling her new boots, but you know how some  people are, always goofing off...

This one wasn't very cooperative, either.  Believe me when I say these girls were stylin'!

This morning everyone was in a good mood at breakfast.

Love that pinky finger!

Definitely a morning person!

Big Girl is very particular about how she eats her food (even though her manners can be atrocious!) and she carefully eats each item from least favorite to most favorite.  Witness:  apples before cookies!

Some of us still make a pretty big mess...

"What'cha lookin' at?  Huh?  Huh?"

This week was very busy, harvesting tomatoes and apples.  Canned both.  No pictures of the tomatoes, because those jars aren't so pretty as these.

L. was a huge help this week, and stuck with me to the end, processing apple sauce.  S. and B. were a big help, too, but L. was definitely my right hand man.  We got three 5-gal. buckets of Jonagold apples off our little tree this year.  Here are some of the prettiest.  This was the first year this tree has produced anything more than a few tiny, sad apples.  Our transparent tree had a bumper crop, too.  Must have been the cool summer.  Cool summer also means lots of green tomatoes sitting in the laundry room to ripen.  

1 comment:

  1. They're so cute!!! And the apples look delicious! It would figure the year I'm gone it would see fit to finally produce some nice apples. I hope you enjoyed canning! I think my favorite picture/comment combo of yours was the one of Alex looking at the camera.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete