Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A rainy day

Too cute!  So fun to have two adorable girls!

"I prefer to have the computer to myself, though..."

"I know what to do-- just point and click!"

"I'm not interested in the computer, but I am interested in when chowtime is gonna get here!"
It was a rainy day today, so we vegged in the house, and I found some computer games for preschoolers, so the girls had fun playing with those for awhile.  Little Boy wasn't so interested, mostly because he thinks he knows everything to start with (it's that opinionated Eastern European personality!) and he got mad when I wouldn't let him push the buttons he thought should be pushed.  "Fine!  You don't know anything about it, anyway!  I'll find something else to do!"  Off he went, to play by himself, and then wait for lunch.

That left only the girls to have to share the computer, and believe me, that was asking plenty!  It's good for them, though, to learn how to take turns, and work with someone else.  There's been a whole lot more whining around here lately, and a lot more squabbling.  They're also playing together a lot more, though, so it's all good.  When we first got them, they almost completely ignored one another, and then eventually started to play together, but would give up their toys to each other without a blink, if someone took something away.  Now there's a sense of ownership--  I know what's mine, such as my cup or my jacket, and I know that if I'm playing with a toy, you're not allowed to just take it away from me.  It's interesting to watch.  Little Boy is not as developed that way, but I think he's starting to notice, too.

Since it was one of those kinds of afternoons, I fell asleep on the couch, which you might think is asking for trouble, but when I awoke, they were huddled alongside me on the couch, like baby birds in a nest.  They had each gotten some toys or books to play with, and they stuck close while I was asleep, as if it wasn't safe to stray too far.  This reminds me of my first crop of young 'uns when they were small.  They did the same thing if I fell asleep in the afternoon.  Frankly, before this, I didn't dare, but lately, if they wake before me in the morning, instead of trashing the house, they climb in bed with me and go back to sleep until I get up.  As snuggly as they are, though, like a litter of puppies, I don't care to have a bunch of soggy diapers in bed with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so beautiful. I love to see new pictures of them. Little boy seems to smile a lot more, he's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete