Sunday, May 22, 2011

Playing

I'm so thrilled to discover this inside playground at a popular eating establishment.  I had a feeling that if they were just motivated, that they would play the way that children normally play.  I was right!  Apparently, this playground has everything set up in just such a way, and sized just right to make one want to just keep climbing, and sliding, and climbing and sliding... until one is staggering from exhaustion, having had ever so much fun. 

I watch these kids getting stronger every day, and more sure-footed, as they get stronger, and I wish for them to be able to play with tricycles, and swings, but they aren't quite strong enough yet.  They just don't get enough exercise, and mostly because they don't move as much as I'm used to seeing children move, so I keep looking for that toy which will encourage the most activity.  I think we'll try a spring-type rocking horse (as soon as I get one.)


They were moving so fast that my little camera was having a hard time keeping up with them.

My son took this from inside the tube as they rounded the corner.

This is what you want to see when you walk into the kitchen...

We had just come from the studio, getting portraits done, so I snapped some pics while people were dressed up.

The girls take turns wearing this monkey backpack.  I don't know why, but they look so adorable with it.

This child is crazy about the piano, and loves to push the keys.  Occasionally,  a few notes even sound good together.

Spider boy

The big kids going to the movies, and taking pictures of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment